- Some of Jessica's work will be on display at Quilt & Stitch Art 2013 at Town Centre Mall, Beach Rd, Dubai from 17th to 25th May.
- 'Stitched Stories' is a documentary about the theraputic qualities and the power of needle craft by Rachel Tavernor. Featuring Jessica in her role as tutor at Wandsworth prison for Fine Cell Work.
- Jessica will be teaching the following classes at the Royal School of Needlework, Hampton Court Palace, UK;
- Embroidery for Fashion- 2nd & 3rd April 2013
- Introduction to Silk Shading- 11th May 2013 (SOLD OUT)
Last year some of Jessica's work was on display at the following exhibitions;
- L'Aiguille en Fete, Paris, from 9th to 12th February 2012
- Handwerkbeurs, Zwolle, The Netherlands from 17th to 19th February 2012
In 2010/11 Jessica joined forces with Emily Peacock to write a book which has been published by Guild of Master Craftsman Publications (GMC). 'Adventures in Needlework' includes four chapters covering four embroidery techniques- Canvas Work, Appliqué, Silk Shading and Goldwork. There are several projects within each chapter aimed at varying levels of experience. The book brings embroidery bang up to date using traditional techniques alongside bold colours, graphics and striking contemporary ideas. Available to buy now from all good book shops, it is also stocked in the world famous store Libertys of London.
In 2008 Jessica acted as a hand double for the lead actress, Abbie Cornish, in the film Brightstar, directed by Jane Campion. The film looks at the three year romance between John Keats and Fanny Brawne, who was an avid needleworker. Jessica was later asked to return to the set as a Needlework Consultant, setting up the embroidery frames and giving instruction to the young ladies in the film. The opening shots of the needle being threaded and hands sewing are Jessica. The film was released in cinemas on 6th November 2009 and the DVD was released in 2010.